WikiLeaks Cancels Highly Anticipated Tuesday Announcement due to ‘Security Concerns’

WikiLeaks has canceled an announcement its founder, Julian Assange, was to make from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy on Tuesday, but not before Donald Trump supporter Roger Stone tweeted Hillary Clinton would “be done” by the next day because of the planned announcement.




 
 
The hacking group already this summer hit the Democratic Party just days before its national convention with a trove of released emails that appeared to show favoritism for Clinton over her rival for the Democratic nomination, Bernie Sanders, reports The Hill. Those emails led to the sudden resignation of former Democratic National Committee Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz on the day the convention opened.

Since then, Assange has promised to release even more emails, including more leaks from the Clinton campaign.

But on Sunday, just after 10 a.m., NBC News correspondent Jesse Rodriguez reported that because of security concerns, the event was canceled, and WikiLeaks hasn’t said if it will be rescheduled. However, Rodriguez did not report on the nature of the security concerns, leaving the matter open to speculation.

Stone, though, tweeted at about midnight Sunday that the announcement would leave Clinton “done.”

Stone has claimed that he was working with WikiLeaks, even if the portal has not confirmed through its website or otherwise to be working with him.

Meanwhile, Assange and many of his supporters have said his life is in danger.

Assange also told Newsweek in August that DNC staffer Seth Rich, who was killed in Washington D.C. this summer, was the source for WikiLeaks’ DNC document dump. Rich was found about a block away from his home, and had been shot several times in the back.

Police said Rich had been killed during an attempted robbery, but they found his wallet, smartphone, credit cards and even his watch still on him, reports Newsweek.

Tuesday marks the 10th anniversary of when the WikiLeaks.org website was registered, the site’s Twitter page noted on Sunday.




 
 
Assange, in an interview published Saturday in the German publication Der Spiegel, said the group would not start censoring its publications because of the ongoing election, and the reason there is more to release on Clinton is because she has been in political power for much longer than Trump.

“The U.S. presidency will continue to represent the major power groups of the United States – big business and the military – regardless of who the talking head is,” Assange said, pointing out that if someone submits internal documents from Trump’s campaign or the Republican Party, WikiLeaks would publish those as well.

He told the publication that WikiLeaks has published more than 10 million documents in 10 years, most of which came over the past six years while he has been “illegally detained, without charge, in the United Kingdom.”

Assange has been in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for the past four years after receiving political asylum from the government of Ecuador.

Related posts:

Donald Trump’s 2000 Playboy Softcore Porn Appearance Revealed. (VIDEO)

The Morning After the Debate, Donald Trump Goes on the Attack

Donald Trump Just Made a Deal With Israel that Will Make God Smile!

Trump Floats Rolling Back Food Safety Regulations

Source: www.newsmax.com

One thought on “WikiLeaks Cancels Highly Anticipated Tuesday Announcement due to ‘Security Concerns’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *