Unfortunately, ingrown nails are a very common problem, because anyone can have them. The pain they provoke can be quite strong.
This problem is causes by a part of the fingernail which is buried in the meat, which makes the skin reddish, with a burning sensation and even bleeding in some cases.
So, it’s very important to have strict hygiene, because the injured skin can easily develop an infection.
Here, we’re going to present an excellent homemade remedy that will help you treat ingrown nails:
1. First, immerse your feet in warm water 3 times a day. You must dry them very well whenever you do it so that you can prevent fungifrom developing.
This process will soften the toenail and you will be able to prevent it add constant pressure on the injured zone.
2. Massage the affected zone softly and constantly and try to remove the skin from the sides.
Put 3 drops of olive oilor almond oil in the affected sides and make sure you cover the whole toenail.
But, if you notice the presence of pus, put 3 drops of tea tree oil on your toenail, because it’s an excellent antibacterial.
3. Take a small piece of dental floss and put it under the fingernail to detach the skin little by little. Cut the fingernail in straight form so that it can start growing correctly.
These are the most frequent factors that cause ingrown nails:
– Genetic problems: Some people are inclined to develop ingrown nails because of illnesses in the toenails, distortions in the feet, etc.
– Cut the fingernails incorrectly: It is fundamental to cut the toenails correctly. A chiropodist or pedicurist can show you how to do it and avoid this problem.
– Inadequate footwear: Usethe most suitable footwear for you. It shouldn’t add pressure on the toenail, because that’s also one of the reasons it could start growing inside the meat surrounding it.
– Too much force on your toenails: When some people exercise or run, they use too much force on their feet and toes, in that way generating pressure on the toenail.