When it comes to baking soda I think that it’s one of the most versatile ingredients known to men. It can be used for anything from cooking, cleaning both indoors and outdoors, deodorizing, to beauty treatments and health ailments, the list is endless.
If you didn’t know about the amazing properties of baking soda, here’s a list of 20 extraordinary household uses which will convince you to always have a box of it in your cupboard.
Health and beauty
1. Freshens your mouth – mix 1tbsp. baking soda in a ½ glass of water. Swish this around your mouth, then spit out and wash your teeth as normal.
2. Heartburn – drink a mixture of ½ glass of water and 1 tsp. baking soda.
3. Relieve body odor – combine some baking soda with a powder puff and use it as an underarm deodorant.
4. Soothe your feet – dissolve 3 tbsp. baking soda in a warm bath then soak your feet. Scrub gently.
5. Facial scrub – mix some water and baking soda in a ratio of 1:3. Rub this on your skin in circular motions then wash off.
1. Polish silver – combine 1 part water and 3 parts baking soda to make a paste. Using a clean cloth or a sponge, apply this on your Rinse thoroughly.
2. Clean sponges – soak smelly sponges in 4 tbsp. baking soda dissolved in 1 quart of warm water.
3. Clean the oven – dissolve some baking soda in water they place in a spray bottle. Use the mixture to spray the oven then let it act Scrub in the morning then wipe it clean.
4. Freshen your fridge – open a package of baking soda and put it in your fridge to remove unpleasant
5. Longer lasting flowers – keep your cut flowers fresh by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water in the vase.
6. Clean shoes – mix some baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply this on your shoes, scrub with a sponge or rag, and wipe off in the end.
Garden and garage
1. Remove oil stains from garage floors – use a mixture of baking soda and water and a brush to scrub the spots and stains on your garage floor.
2. Rejuvenate the greenery – add 1 tsp. baking soda, ½ tsp. clear ammonia, and 1 tsp. Epsom salt in a gallon of water. Sprinkle every rosebush-size shrub in your garden that has lost its luster with a quart of the solution.
3. Repel bugs – to keep bugs away, sprinkle some baking soda on the basement windows and under the sinks.
4. Deodorize cars – sprinkle some baking soda onto the fabric and carpets, let it act for 15 minutes then vacuum up.
1. Make fluffier omelette – add ½ tsp. baking soda per egg to make your omelette fluffier.
2. Remove pesticides – dissolve ¼ cup baking soda in a sink full of water to remove insecticides from fruit and vegetables. Immerse the produce in the solution, leave it for a couple of hours then rinse well.
3. Deodorize the cutting boards – apply some baking soda on your cutting boards, scrub well then wash
4. Take the feathers off chicken easier – If you put a teaspoon of baking soda in the water while boiling a chicken the feathers will come off easier and the meat will be clean and white.