– 4 cups bulgur
– 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 package firm tofu (14-ounce, drained and cubed)
– 5 scallions (chopped)
– 1 small tomato (chopped)
– 1 Kirby cucumber (chopped)
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– kosher salt and pepper
– In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the bulgur until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and return the bulgur to the pan. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes; fluff with a fork. Spread the bulgur on a baking sheet and let cool to room temperature.
– In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Cook the tofu and 5 chopped scallions over high heat, stirring, until golden and crisp in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the bulgur, tomato, cucumber, lemon juice and the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with more chopped scallions and serve.
Total time: 40 min
Servings: 4 to 6