If you are trying to lose excess weight and maintain the body figure, you should know that there are some foods which will be of great help, and will not lead to weight gain.
These foods are also high in fiber, but low in calories, so they will keep you full long, without contributing to the accumulation of fat in the body.
Always make sure your diet is well-balanced, and we recommend the following 15 foods, that should be present in your daily menu:
1. Celery – Celery stems contain 95% water, so they detoxify the body and accelerate the weight loss process.
2. Apples and plums – The consumption of an apple helps digestion, and keeps you full for long. Apples are high in vitamin C and potassium, and an apple contains only 50 kcal. Plums are also rich in nutrients and help you lose weight.
3. Oranges, tangerines, and grapefruits – Citrus fruits are high in vitamin C and flavonoids, helps digestion, promote the health of the liver and skin, and help weight loss.
4. Eggs – You can eat as many boiled eggs as you want, and still not gain weight.
5. Melon and watermelon – A slice of these fruits contains 60 to 70 calories, but it detoxifies the body, leads to satiety, and removes excess fluids.
6. Cucumber – Cucumbers are excellent if you want to lose weight, as they help you burn calories and reduce bloating.
7. Cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli –These vegetables are rich in nutrients which interact with iodine and make sure you consume them twice a week.
8. Eggplant – You can eat as much baked or grilled eggplant, as a portion of eggplant free of oil contains only 24 kcal.
9. Salad – Salads are high in folic acid. For instance, a lettuce leaf contains only 3 kcal, so you can eat as much as you want without gaining weight.
10. Strawberry, cranberry – These fruits are rich in vitamin C, and eliminate the accumulated fluids from the body. Strawberries also boost digestion and promote heart health.
11. Pineapple – Pineapples split fats and aid the metabolism of protein, due to the bromelain they contain.
12. Zucchini – Zucchini help the function of the intestines and are low in calories, so they are great for losing extra pounds. A portion of zucchini contains only 42 kcal.
13. Popcorn – Prepare popcorn without any butter or sugar, and you can have as much as you want. A cup of popcorn free of sugar and butter contains only 31 kcal.
14. Algae – Algae are high in iodine, so they normalize the function of the thyroid and prevent weight gain.
15. Beetroot – An average portion of this vegetable has only 40 kcal, but it is a rich source of nutrients, like manganese, which burns calorie and regulates blood sugar levels.