Pasta dressed with clam sauce has been a favorite in Italian households and Italian restaurants since forever, but have you ever tried to drown a piece of crusty Italian bread, still warm from the grill, with clam sauce? Well, here it is, and I promise this will become a favorite bruschetta in your home.
It makes a delicious hors d’oeuvre, but it can also make a meal. It is a very good addition to a grilling party: have a bowl of this sauce handy, and as the bread comes off the grill, let everyone douse it with a spoonful of the sauce.
– ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 large onion thinly sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
– 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
– pinch crushed red pepper flakes
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– 48 littleneck clams, shucked, shucking juices reserved and strained (about 1 cup meat, 1½ cups shucking juices)
– clams chopped if they are large
– ¼ cup chopped fresh italian parsley
– 12 thick slices country bread, each 2 to 3 inches long, grilled
To a large skillet, over -medium–high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, and let sizzle a minute, taking care not to burn it, then season with the crushed -red–pepper flakes and salt.
Add the -clam–shucking juices to the skillet, bring to a boil, and add the parsley. Let boil to reduce the juices by about half and bring the sauce together. Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the shucked clams, and simmer until they are just cooked, about 2 minutes.
Divide the sauce evenly over the grilled bread, and serve hot.
The Best Blueberry And Banana Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
The Best Tiramisu Recipe Ever
5 Easy Summer Dinner Recipes
Quick and Easy Greek Gyros
Tasty mozzarella sticks
Quick pizza recipe that delighted many people