This 4-ingredient fruit smoothie is a great way to try the acai berry. Simply blend with banana, strawberries and orange juice for an easy vegan breakfast recipe.
– Egg Free
– Diabetic Appropriate
– Heart Healthy
– Low Added Sugars
– ¾ cup orange juice
– 1 medium banana
– 1 cup frozen strawberries
– 3½ ounces frozen pure, unsweetened acai fruit puree (see Tip)
– 1 tablespoon chia or hemp seeds (optional)
– Combine orange juice, banana, strawberries, acai and chia (or hemp) seeds, if using, in a blender.
– Puree until smooth.
– Per serving: Calories 134, Fat 3g (sat 1g, mono 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Carbs 25g, Total sugars 15g (added 0g), Protein 2g, Fiber 4g, Sodium 8mg, Potassium 469mg.
– Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value)
– Carbohydrate servings: 1½
– Exchanges: 1½ fruit
Tip: Acai is a reddish-purple berry native to Central and South America. Look for frozen pouches of it near other frozen fruit in natural-foods markets or online. Break into chunks before using.