Total time: 30 min
– 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms (cut into 1-inch pieces), salt, 1 minced shallot
– 1/4 cup canola oil, 1 pound sugar snap peas (strings discarded)
– 1/2 cup dry sherry, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and crisp (7 min).
– Add the shallot and the rest of the oil and cook until the shallot is softened (2 min).
– Add the snap peas to the skillet (stir, 1 min).
– Add the sherry and simmer until reduced by half (3 min).
– Add the cream and simmer until the mushrooms and snap peas are coated in a light sauce 3 min).
-Add lemon juice and pinch of salt.
– Transfer to a platter, garnish with lemon zest.
Pair this dish with a crisp, citrusy white.